What vaccinations does my pet need?
At Gedrys Farm we will request proof that you pet is vaccinated against common diseases and that they are up-to-date. Please ensure you bring your pet's vaccination certificate with you when you visit so that we can record the information in our system.
- Dogs boarded or day care guests must be accompanied by a record of a veterinary approved protection against infectious canine distemper, infections canine hepatitis, parvovirus, leptospirosis and kennel cough. The kennel cough vaccination must be administered at least two weeks before your dog visits the kennels.
- Cats boarded must be accompanied by a record of a veterinary approved protection against feline infectious enteritis or feline parvovirus (FPV), feline respiratory disease (Cat Flu) and Feline leukaemia virus (FeLV).
Vaccination cover must be current for ten days before arrival and for the full duration of any stay. If you require more information on our vaccination policy, please don't hesitate to ask.
How do you care for my pet?
All dogs get special one on one time with cuddles and brushing (for those who enjoy it) and a visual daily health check will be done to spot any health concerns quickly - all included in the price and adds to the mental stimulation your dog gets whilst staying with us.
How do puppies / older dogs / quiet dogs /social dogs cope?
Our team are used to looking after dogs of all ages and temperaments. We have a structured routine at the kennels that most dogs easily adapt to. All the sleeping areas are heated during the colder months. Puppies tend to settle quickly and treat the experience as one big fun adventure. Social dogs also tend to settle very easily as mixing with other dogs can give them a fun way to pass the time. With quieter and older dogs we find a bit of extra TLC does the trick in settling them in. A bit of a fuss and making sure the dog is warm and comfortable enough to make them feel at home.
Please visit our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram @gedrysboarding, we tend to use social media to:
- Post photos of our guests during their stays
- Provide information on availability – we tend to book up well in advance during school holidays, we will message so you have less chance of missing out on the dates you are looking for
- Facility updates – we are constantly improving our business and we’d like to give you a sneak peak of what’s to come
- Useful Pet hints and tips – we’ll post information and gems that might be of interest to you.
Who will look after my pet?
We’re a small team here at Gedrys Farm which means we can get to know each of our guests really well. At least one of us is in the kennels from any time between 7:30am and 6pm, so our guests have company all day. A daily record book and signs describing each guest and their requirements ensures a smooth transfer from each member of staff.
We make regular visits to the cattery during the day to ensure our feline friends are happy and content.
How much exercise will my dog get?
Your dog will have access to an outside run attached to their kennel all day. Your dog will also be taken into a large grassed paddock twice daily where they can have a run off the lead. We are happy to socialise your dog with others if you wish, but will require your written permission to allow this. We also offer extra lead walks at £10 per hour.
Will you administer medication to my pet?
We will administer any medication to your pet during their stay at Gedrys Farm. Please provide clear written instructions regarding dosage and method of administration, including the times normally given.
What do I need to bring with me when dropping off my pet?
The vet’s certificate for your pet showing proof of vaccination must be brought for each visit. We provide quality bedding for your dog's comfort, or you can opt to bring in your own to make them feel more at home. We provide a range of wet and dry food, however if your dog requires a specific diet that we do not stock you may bring this in with you.
Free trial day for new customers
We want to be sure you and your pet, are happy with our service. Let your pet stay for a free trial day visit and be reassured that our service is the best.